[Dovecot] Same filenames on different servers?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Jan 11 16:54:29 EET 2010

On 11.1.2010, at 16.46, Mario Antonio wrote:

>> With v2.0 dsync would be great for this..
>
> How could dsync beat rsync?
> With just one rsync command you can replicate the whole mail store (a root folder)
> Can you do the same with Dsync? or Do you have to write a script that feeds Domains/Users ...?

If there are no changes, dsync needs to do a lot less disk IO, since it just needs to open index files.

Currently you'd have to write a script to iterate through all users, but I don't see it as a huge issue. Scripting it shouldn't be too difficult, and writing code to dsync to directly support it would probably require less than 100 lines.