[Dovecot] Allow POP3 per Domain

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Wed Jan 13 14:24:57 EET 2010

Am 13.01.2010 12:19, schrieb Hauke Hagedorn:
> Hi List,
>
> I wonder, if it is possible to "switch" POP3 on or off for specific domains. Actually I want to disallow POP3-logins for a certain domain, whereas users can still login into a webinterface via IMAP.
>
> Curently I use Dovecot 1.1.11 on current Ubuntu 9.10 with a mySQL backend for authentication.
>
> With kind regards
>
> Hauke

Hi I have pop3 and/or imap allowed per sql

i.e

password_query = SELECT username as user, password, \
1001 as userdb_uid, \
1001 as userdb_gid, \
"/usr/local/virtual/%u/" AS userdb_home, \
"maildir:/usr/local/virtual/%u/" AS userdb_mail \
FROM mailbox WHERE username = '%u' AND active = '1' AND (imap_allowed =
'1' or '%Ls' = 'pop3')

so you might adapt this to domain and your needs

--
Best Regards

MfG Robert Schetterer

Germany/Munich/Bavaria