[Dovecot] listen to imap*s* on multiple ports?

Rick Thomas rbthomas at pobox.com
Sun Jan 17 04:17:22 EET 2010

Pascal Volk wrote:
> On 01/16/2010 03:36 AM Frank Cusack wrote:
>
>> How can I listen to ssl-wrapped IMAP on multiple ports? …
>>

> http://dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2010-January/045874.html
> Please don't forget to substitute listen with ssl_listen
>

> Regards,
> Pascal

Hmmm... This doesn't work for me.  My dovecot.conf has

     protocol imap {

     # rbt - use conventional port for imap -- only used on local net
      listen = *:143
     # rbt - use modified port for imaps -- for those logging in from afar
      ssl_listen = *:7993
      ssl_listen = *:993

     }

I get:

    # invoke-rc.d dovecot restart
    Restarting IMAP/POP3 mail server: dovecot
    Fatal: ssl_listen: Can't resolve address *:7993 , *: Name or service
not known
     failed!

This is on a Debian Lenny system.  The version of Dovecot installed is
"1:1.0.15-2.3+lenny1"

Do I need a later version?

Rick