[Dovecot] Auto discard sieve vacation messages

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Tue Jan 19 17:43:15 EET 2010

Andrés Yacopino wrote:
> I have deploy an environment with pigeon sieve, managesieve, dovecot,
> squirrelmail and avelsieve plugin.
> The vacation messages are working fine.
> I am looking for a method to discard vacation messages in some date,
> when the user returns.
>
> Has somebody looked in this feature?
>
> Thanks a lot,

You can use the currentdate test introduced by date extension. RFC5260
shows the following example on page 6:

==
    Currentdate can be used to set up vacation [RFC5230] responses in
    advance and to stop response generation automatically:

      require ["date", "relational", "vacation"];
      if allof(currentdate :value "ge" "date" "2007-06-30",
               currentdate :value "le" "date" "2007-07-07")
      { vacation :days 7  "I'm away during the first week in July."; }

==

Regards,

Stephan.