[Dovecot] Migration from Courier to dovecot

Werner Detter werner at aloah-from-hell.de
Wed Jan 20 18:20:30 EET 2010

hi list,

I've just registered to the list, so please be tolerant ;) I'm currently
in the process of planning the migration from courier to dovecot as
POP/IMAP-Server. I'm migration from Courier 0.58 (Debian-Etch-packages)
to Dovecot 1.1.13 (Debian Lenny Backport).

The conversion of the Mailbox from Courier to Dovecot will be done with
"courier-dovecot-migrate.pl"-script[1], which works fine. However after
running "courier-dovecot-migrate.pl" the Courier-Files still remain in
the Maildir.

Can i just delete those Courier-specific-files or does dovecot need them
somehow (do you normally get rid of these after conversion)?

It's about these files:
courierimapacl
courierimapsubscribed
courierimapuiddb
courierpop3dsizelist

And those directories:
courierimaphieracl
courierimaphieracl

Can i simply delete those with "find" ? Furthermore: is it possible to
convert back from Dovecot-Format to Courier-Format?

Thanks in advance,
Werner

[1] http://www.dovecot.org/tools/courier-dovecot-migrate.pl