[Dovecot] Migration from Courier to dovecot

David Halik dhalik at jla.rutgers.edu
Thu Jan 21 00:44:38 EET 2010

On 01/20/2010 05:35 PM, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On 21.1.2010, at 0.23, Werner Detter wrote:
>

>>> The conversion of the Mailbox from Courier to Dovecot will be done with
>>> "courier-dovecot-migrate.pl"-script[1], which works fine. However after
>>> running "courier-dovecot-migrate.pl" the Courier-Files still remain in
>>> the Maildir.
>>>
>> expressed unlucky :-)
>>
>> sure, dovecot doesn't need these files after the migration. I have to
>> test, if it's possible to convert from a previously "courier to
>> dovecot migrated maildir" back to courier-format.
>>
> Some version of the script can do dovecot ->  courier migration, without the courier* files, but perhaps unsurprisingly I've never been interested in writing or testing that code, so in the recent versions that I've modified it's probably broken.

I just wanted to chime in that we're going to rewriting part of the
script to handle --location= at some point if anyone is interested. The
script works great, but it doesn't have the ability to point to an area
outside of the users' homedir for the conversion. If you're moving your
users' index/uid/subscriptions to a non-quota area outside their homedir
then this is necessary.

Unfortunately,  that was something we learned too late after we did our
migration. =)

--
David Halik
dhalik at jla.rutgers.edu