[Dovecot] nologin in auth proto version 1.1

Kirill Miazine km at krot.org
Thu Jan 21 22:38:09 EET 2010

* Timo Sirainen [2010-01-21 22:17]:
> On 21.1.2010, at 22.09, Kirill Miazine wrote:
>
> > I notice that the nologin parameter for the AUTH command is gone in
> > version 1.1 of Dovecot Authentication Protocol.
> >
> > nologin was added in 1.1, so that authentication client could indicate
> > that there will be no subsequent master requests to retrieve user info.
> >
> > Could we have nologin back please?
>
> Where do you see nologin ever mentioned in authentication protocol? I
> don't see it in v1.0's auth-protocol.txt. It's still working, it's just
> not really part of the protocol itself.

Quoting yourself:

But I think this should be fixed so that it's not necessary to do it. So
I added a new "nologin" field to AUTH request. If it's used, the request
will be freed immediately when authentication is finished. So v1.0.11
will have it (whenever it gets released..) as well as the next
v1.1.beta.