[Dovecot] quick question

David Halik dhalik at jla.rutgers.edu
Fri Jan 22 22:49:51 EET 2010

> We've thought about enabling IP-based session affinity on the load
> balancer,

Brandon, I just thought of something. Have you always been running
without IP affinity across all your connections? We've always had it
turned on because we were under the impression that certain clients like
Outlook had major issues without it. Basically, as the client spawns new
connections and they go to other servers rather than the same one the
client begins to fight itself. IP affinity always seemed like a more
stable option, but if you've been running without it for a long time,
maybe it's not such a problem after all. Anyway, what has you experience
been?

--
David Halik
dhalik at jla.rutgers.edu