[Dovecot] quick question

Brandon Davidson brandond at uoregon.edu
Fri Jan 22 23:40:58 EET 2010

Cor,

On 1/22/10 1:05 PM, "Cor Bosman" <cor at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> Pretty much the same as us as well.  35 imap servers. 10 pop servers.
> clustered pair of 6080s, with about 250 15K disks. We're seeing some
> corruption as well. I myself am using imap extensively and regularly have
> problems with my inbox disappearing. Im not running the patch yet though. Is
> 1.2.10 imminent or should i just patch 1.2.9?

You guys must serve a pretty heavy load. What's your peak connection count
across all those machines? How's the load? We recently went through a
hardware replacement cycle, and were targeting < 25% utilization at peak
load so we can lose one of our sites (half of our machines are in each site)
without running into any capacity problems. We're actually at closer to 10%
at peak, if that... Probably less now that we've disabled noac. Dovecot is
fantastic :)

-Brad