[Dovecot] dovecot bug: Next message unexpectedly corrupted in mbox file

Justin Piszcz jpiszcz at lucidpixels.com
Sun Jan 24 23:27:55 EET 2010

On Sun, 24 Jan 2010, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> On Sun, 2010-01-10 at 15:16 -0500, Justin Piszcz wrote:
>> Jan  2 09:33:25 l1 dovecot: IMAP(user): Next message unexpectedly
>> corrupted in mbox file /home/user/Mailbox at 10599
>
> If this doesn't keep happening, I think you should just ignore it.
> There's not much that can be done about it unless I can figure out a way
> to reproduce it..
>
>> Did dovecot 1.2.9 include this patch:
>> http://www.dovecot.org/list/dovecot-cvs/2009-December/015177.html
>>
>> So now one sees the message, whereas before, no message was shown?
>
> Right.

Hi,

It continues:

Jan 24 16:25:34 l1 dovecot: IMAP(ap): Next message unexpectedly corrupted in mbox file /home/user/Mailbox at 44985

Would there be anyway to further troubleshoot this to find the root cause of the issue?  If it is corrupted, how come pine and/or Outlook 2007 do not seem to be 'affected' by the corruption?

Justin.