[Dovecot] Delete messages with archivemail

gstyle gstyle at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 15:53:49 EET 2010

Hi,

I have set up a dovecot imap server (Version 1.0.15 on Debain Lenny).

Until know I used courier.

Every night I run a script calling archivemail (
http://archivemail.sourceforge.net/) to delete all messages in the Spam
folder that are older than 30 days

archivemail deletes the files directly in the Maildir folder. I am not using
IMAP for this (cause I don't want to store the passwords in plain text).

I know that dovecot uses index files to speed up Maildir access. Will there
be any problems with the index files when I delete the old spam like this?

Cheers
Mario