[Dovecot] sieve or another vacation/autoreply

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Mon Jan 25 20:04:03 EET 2010

Lampa wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i'm trying to do some delivery notification for each incoming address.
> Problem is that sieve vacation has :days but minimum value is 1 eg
> period in which addresses
>    are kept and are not responded to - but that is not that i want.
>
> Is there other extension (in devel ???) or some other way (lda using
> procmail or maildrop) how to implement my request ? (Before migration
> we used qmail + procmail).

I am not quite sure what you are trying to achieve with this, however
I've devised something that matches your description:

require "enotify";
require "variables";
require "envelope";

# Let's not reply to robots and mailing lists
if allof (not exists "list-id",
     anyof (not exists "auto-submitted",
         header "auto-submitted" "no")) {

     # Get the return path
     if envelope :matches "from" "*" {

         # URI-encode the recipient address when necessary
         set :encodeurl "from" "${1}";

	# Send notification back to sender
         notify :message "Message received!" "mailto:${from}";
     }
}

This is somewhat scary though.

Regards,