[Dovecot] quick question

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Jan 25 22:31:45 EET 2010

On 25.1.2010, at 21.53, Brandon Davidson wrote:

> Or just 'passdb pam { ... }' for the second one in our case, since we're
> using system auth with pam_ldap/nss_ldap. Is the SQL connection/query
> timeout configurable? It would be nice to make a very cursory attempt at
> proxying, and immediately give up and use a local connection if anything
> isn't working.

I don't think it's immediate.. But it's probably something like:

 - notice it's not working -> reconnect
 - requests are queued
 - reconnect fails, hopefully soon, but MySQL connect at least fails in max. 10 seconds
 - reconnect timeout is added, which doubles after each failure
 - requests are failed while it's not trying to connect