[Dovecot] Recommended method?

Brandon Lamb brandonlamb at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 02:37:35 EET 2010

Hopefully this isnt TOO general of a question.

I have a raid server that runs dovecot and exports via nfs the maildir
format store.
I have 4 mail servers running exim that use dovecot to deliver over nfs

I have been examing our entire setup and had the thought, would it be
recommended to instead have another exim process running directly on
the raid server and have my mail servers deliver mail to that rather
than over nfs, if that makes sense?

So mail would go from our postini frontend => mail cluster => final
delivery via exim on raid server.

Seems like this way I could make all the nfs config options go away and such.

Thoughts?