[Dovecot] Anyone successfully setup Continous Backup of mailboxes using rsync ?

CoolAtt NNA coolatt at live.com
Fri Jan 29 07:21:39 EET 2010

Hi Alex,

I mirror the mailboxes as follows:

rsync -avt --log-file=$log_file /home/vmail/ 10.0.0.x:/home/vmail
I run it in a script for e,g every 1 min.
By doing so if an email is deleted on the live server it still remain on the backup server.
Then I give each mail file a retention period of n days so that it automatically gets deleted from the backup server.

*******
CoolAtt
*******