[Dovecot] Dovecot SSL issues

Eric Rostetter rostetter at mail.utexas.edu
Fri Jan 29 23:24:23 EET 2010

Quoting Tom Hendrikx <tom at whyscream.net>:

>>     * Trying protocol imap/ssl, Port 993:

If you use imap/ssl/novalidate-cert it will ignore the mismatch.

>> From what I understand, it doesn't like the certificate.

The cerificate is fine, just a hostname mismatch as Tom Hendrikx said.

> This error is harmless, but you could setup dovecot to listen for both
> ssl and non-ssl connections, and setup your webmail to use the non-ssl
> connection: ssl over localhost is probably a waste of cpu cycles.

True.  Or add /novalidate-cert, which would remove the error, but still
consume the cycles.  The novalidate-cert would also ignore any self-signed
certificate warnings...

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics