[Dovecot] system v. virtual mailboxes, was Re: Thunderbird problem

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Fri Jul 2 00:46:00 EEST 2010

On Thu, 2010-07-01 at 12:12 -0500, Stan Hoeppner wrote:

> > Mail Administration is not complicated, all too many people like to over
> > complicate their setups and only cause themselves work.
> >
> > I've had more than one CEO in the past say to me that they like to see
> > key NOC staff doing nothing, because it says to them the network is
> > working perfectly.
> >
> > All too many do not automate things or write scripts/cron tasks,
> > complicate their network and tinker, because as you said, they need to
> > feel indispensable, if only their managers had a clue.
>
> I'd just get a huge kick out of cross posting what the two of you state here
> to spam-l and watching you get eaten alive due to this "runs itself if setup

cross posting our posts to lists which we, or at least, I, are not a
member of?
 I think that completely sums up who and what you are.

> right" hands off management approach to email systems.  Rich would send you
> home with your tails between your legs like little scared puppies.  Neither of
> you sub there so it wouldn't do any good.  T'would be very entertaining if you
> did though.

How old are you? 16?
You clearly have NO idea, run along now lil boy and manage your tiny
SOHO box.

oh but as a parting shot, with all that mail we get, little spam, scams
or viruses gets to our users, that says we are doing something right,
and it hasn't been since around 2004 that we had any particular smtp
server in an DNSBL, and then it was only one of a dozen (0 day virus
infected windows weenie) , and although I was  once a member of the
"inner boys club" being spam-l,  Jerr'ys comment and my agreeance are
even more applicable to them, it totally amazes me how many SA's get
away with this 'self justification' of their employment, again., if only
their employers really knew.