[Dovecot] Quota in mysql dict not properly recalculated on 1.2?

Joan aseques at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 15:31:01 EEST 2010

2010/7/2 Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi>:
> On Fri, 2010-07-02 at 10:06 +0200, Joan wrote:
>
>> It seems to me that dovecot --exec-mail doesn't do the mysql lookups
>> to get the usersdb.
>
> Yes, you're right. --exec-mail doesn't do a userdb lookup. With v2.0 you
> could use "imap -u username" and it does a userdb lookup.
It's seems I'm always a version before the cool feature :P, it's the
pain of using debian Stable ...

> Did you try the quota recalculation when logging in normally, instead of
> with --exec-mail?
I sent a 5M mail to myself, there's the mail  in inbox and the copy to
sent (amounting 10M), I connected to the server and manually removed
the mail (rm file).
After that sending a new mail updates the quota, but it doesn't recalculate it.
I only see:
UPDATE quota_dovecot SET bytes=bytes+631,messages=messages+1 WHERE
username = 'test at testing.com'

After deleting the entry for test at testing.com from the database, the
quota gets properly recalculated.

The problem is that I rely on db quota for some accounting scritpts,
and the users might not enter to their webmail or download the mail
for days.

How could I trigger this quota recalculation?
.- Maybe the most practical would be to have a crontab to update the
real values from time to time, at least until 2.0 is not available in
our environment...
.- Any other solution?