[Dovecot] v2.0.rc1 released

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Jul 2 23:22:24 EEST 2010

http://dovecot.org/releases/2.0/rc/dovecot-2.0.rc1.tar.gz
http://dovecot.org/releases/2.0/rc/dovecot-2.0.rc1.tar.gz.sig

All of the important features are implemented and all of the important bugs are fixed. The only thing I'd like to solve before v2.0.0 is that two people have said their doveconf fails when trying to convert old v1.x config file. I haven't been able to reproduce this, so if it happens to anyone I'd like to know about it (and even better, get access to a test system where it happens, since it doesn't seem to be caused by the config file itself).

There's at least one installation that has already used v2.0 + mdbox for months in production. A lot of bugs have been fixed thanks to them. So I'm expecting this release to be rather stable and v2.0.0 hopefully won't be too far away from now. So the "rc1" tag really means that this is a release candidate. After a few weeks go by without any important bug reports, I'll release v2.0.0.

Largest changes since beta6:

 - Added man pages, mostly written by Pascal Volk. They're also synchronized to wiki in http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Tools
 - dsync syntax changed, although it's still compatible with old syntax. see http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Tools/Dsync for new syntax
 - dsync backup command added
 - dsync should now be stable (in theory anyway, more testing would probably be a good idea)
 - LMTP proxying supports director
 - director should now be stable
 - Single-dbox should now be stable
 - mdbox locking behavior modified. when rebuilding indexes it can no longer fail with deadlocks
 - fsync_disable=no was renamed to mail_fsync = optimized (default)
 - fsync_disable=yes was renamed to mail_fsync = never.
 - added a new mail_fsync = always (basically what mail_nfs_*=yes also did before, but now it can be done without enabling NFS cache flushes)

Plus lots of fixes, as usual.