[Dovecot] Dovecot git mirror

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Mon Jul 5 11:27:31 EEST 2010

I've been working on Evolution's 'imapx' back end to support QRESYNC,
and was going to look at NOTIFY next. Then I realised I may have to look
at implementing it on the server side first.

Before I can even contemplate that, though, I had to mirror it into git.
I've always resisted the one-version-control-system-per-child craze, and
these days if I'm even contemplating a project which is using some other
version control system, I'll start by importing it into a git repo.

Thus:

	git://git.infradead.org/dovecot/dovecot-1.0
	git://git.infradead.org/dovecot/dovecot-1.1
	git://git.infradead.org/dovecot/dovecot-1.2
	git://git.infradead.org/dovecot/dovecot-2.0

These are browsable in gitweb as:

	http://git.infradead.org/dovecot/dovecot-1.0
	http://git.infradead.org/dovecot/dovecot-1.1
	http://git.infradead.org/dovecot/dovecot-1.2
	http://git.infradead.org/dovecot/dovecot-2.0

The mirrors are updated hourly, at 15 minutes past the hour.

When making such a mirror, I usually try to ensure that it's imported in
such a way that that the project maintainer(s) _could_ switch to using
it as their primary VCS if they wanted to -- and a number of projects
have actually done so. But I'm not arguing for that; I'm just making the
repository available in git form in case it's useful to anyone else who,
like me, doesn't really want to install and learn to use all of
arch/hg/bzr/monotone/svn/etc for various different projects. No VCS
flame wars please.

--
dwmw2