[Dovecot] Dovecot git mirror

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Mon Jul 5 14:28:51 EEST 2010

On Mon, 2010-07-05 at 11:55 +0100, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> I had planned on leaving NOTIFY until I get mailbox list indexes
> implemented
> (http://www.dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2009-December/045480.html),
> otherwise it's going to be annoyingly inefficient. Of course, feel free
> to implement an inefficient way and I'll just make it faster later once
> the indexes are done. :)

Yeah, I'd seen that. For testing the client, though, I don't mind if
it's not hugely efficient. I wasn't going to bother with the indices.

I was thinking of just setting up inotify watches on each watched folder
-- and whenever the inotify triggers, act as if a STATUS command had
been sent for the corresponding folder. There are more details to cope
with for a properly compliant implementation, but that covers the
majority of what I wanted for client testing.

--
dwmw2