[Dovecot] doveadm stop

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Jul 6 15:17:20 EEST 2010

On Tue, 2010-07-06 at 14:09 +0200, Andreas Schulze wrote:
> hello
>
> I start dovecot via daemontools and use "dovecot -F".
> "doveadm stop" does correctly stop dovecot. Of course dovecot will
> restart not a second later.
>
> Is it possible, that "doveadm stop" detect that dovecot is started with -F
> an print an informational log ?

I run dovecot -F all the time while testing. "dovecot stop" stops it..

> I think, it's helpfull, because in this special setup
> "doveadm stop" can and will not do what the the user expects from the name.

Is there any way to stop Dovecot when it's running under daemontools?
Like if Dovecot exited with some status code then daemontools would
stop? Or could daemontools be told that if dovecot -F exits with 0, its
stop was intentional and it shouldn't be restarted?