[Dovecot] sharing INBOX not possible?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Jul 6 19:11:24 EEST 2010

On Thu, 2010-06-17 at 16:38 +0200, Burckhard Schmidt wrote:

> But it looks like INBOX is not shareable? I have tried both dbox and
> maildir.

Yes, it had bugs. It's fixed now in v2.0 hg. (Backport to v1.2 would be
too invasive.)

> Additional question
> I have seen the comment for shared folder and dbox:
> "You must not try to :INDEX= to have copies of index files."
> This is still valid and within version 2.0 also?

Yes, it's valid. There should be a new feature to add support for
per-user flags. The main index must be shared between all users (which
would also contain shared flags), and then there could be another
per-user index with private flags. I haven't much thought about how to
do this yet.