[Dovecot] Dovecot 2.0 with LMTP

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Jul 8 03:16:11 EEST 2010

On 8.7.2010, at 1.02, Thiago Henrique wrote:

> Is there a way to make the LMTP not make query to MySQL for each message
> delivered ? I'm afraid that the MySQL server does not support the load.

It depends on your configuration.

a) Is the MySQL query needed at all? If everyone uses the same uid/gid and the home directory can be set up with a template, you could use userdb static and avoid the query for everyone. This assumes that your MTA already verified that the address is valid, otherwise it could start creating "new users".

b) If a) doesn't work, you can set auth_cache_size so Dovecot will cache recent lookups.

c) You can create a local replica of your SQL userdb, either again to MySQL or even a flat file or something..