[Dovecot] TLS Issue

Leander S. leander.schaefer at googlemail.com
Sun Jul 11 00:14:45 EEST 2010

Hi,

I use Postfix & Dovecot with TLS / SSL - it authenticates / works fine -
except I'm always getting this ugly SSL cert warning messages mit MTAs.
It says that the following:

"You have attempted to establish a connection with "server". However,
the security certificate presented belongs to "*.server". It is
possible, though unlikely, that someone may be trying to intercept your
communication with this web site."

Is there a serverside solution that I wont get that any more? Why is *
as a wildcard not working? Iwonder How gMail or other providers solve
that issue

Regards