[Dovecot] v2.0.rc2 released

Laurent Blume laurent at elanor.org
Mon Jul 12 11:00:04 EEST 2010

Hi all, Timo,

Sorry if I'm being a bit late, I could only start trying Dovecot 2 this
weekend.

I'm building on Solaris 10, I only have two small remarks:

   - ./configure allows to define the location of configuration. In
v1.2, it's set fully by this parameter (ie, I add
--sysconfdir=/etc/opt/dovecot, and it uses that directory). In v2.0,
"/dovecot" is appended to the value given. Could it be the default, but
possible to override it? I'd like to be able to specify both
/etc/opt/dovecot and /etc/opt/dovecot-rc (or -testing or such) when
trying a new version alongside the old one.

   - GNU make is now needed to build, Solaris make fails on some of the
syntax. Since GNU make is delivered, not a big deal, just I tho9ught it
could be documented.

Well, those are only small details, it won't prevent me from trying it
fully this week.

Thanks,

Laurent