[Dovecot] I can receive but not send

Bryan Bradsby Bryan.Bradsby at capnet.state.tx.us
Mon Jul 12 16:36:37 EEST 2010

Just a shot in the dark, but do you have greetpause set to something
above 20 seconds?

That could explain why you can telnet to port 25 just fine, but the
sender daemon (a lot of the php mailers for example) may not wait long
enough.

Telnet to port 25 and don't hit a key until you get something like this:

   220 {hostname} ESMTP Sendmail 8.14.4/8.14.4/

-
Bryan Bradsby

Postmaster
512.936.2248