[Dovecot] Temporary files

Christian Rohmann crohmann at netcologne.de
Thu Jul 15 11:16:21 EEST 2010

Hey all,

On 07/14/2010 11:02 PM, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-07-14 at 22:55 +0200, Edgar Fuß wrote:
>>> Any thoughts?
>> Could the location be made dependant on the file size?
>
> The file size isn't known beforehand.

But it could be known if the SIZE extention of LMTP is used right?

Talking about LMTP ... if one runs lets say postfix on the deliver
machine that is already maintaining a mailqueue and one uses the LMTP
server of dovecot 2.0 to get the messages delivered, why would you need
to write the mail to disk a second time (postfix once, then deliver
again) of the message size is within reasonable limits (lets say below
100MB). So would you make the size when messages are spooled to disk
(currently 128k as I understand) configurable?

Regards,

Christian