[Dovecot] Ok, I've given up

Phil Howard ttiphil at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 16:41:19 EEST 2010

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 17:49, Steinar Bang <sb at dod.no> wrote:

>> I abandoned sendmail many years ago and haven't looked back.  I tried
>> qmail and postfix, and was a lot happier with postfix.  I overlooked
>> exim at the time, but from what little I've seen and heard, it should
>> be up there with postfix, making for a tough choice if you didn't have
>> anything to bias your choice (like having used one of them already for
>> a few years).
>
> FWIW I switched from sendmail to exim when switching my home server from
> SuSE to debian back in 2001.  And I've really never wanted to switch,
> neither back to sendmail, nor to anything else.
>
> Main reason: I understand the configuration files' logic.
>
> I have no experience of MTAs other than sendmail or exim, though...

And I fully accept that as a sufficient reason to make a choice.  I
made the choice of Dovecot, having zero experience with it, because of
my experience with Courier.  Sadly, making such a choice with zero
experience and zero knowledge of either options is the really hard one
to make.

--
sHiFt HaPpEnS!