[Dovecot] IMAP super user

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Jul 15 22:41:50 EEST 2010

On Thu, 2010-07-15 at 16:24 -0300, Thiago Henrique wrote:

> Is there any directive in Dovecot similar to 'imap_admins' of Cyrus?

You could create a master user/password that can log in as other users:
http://wiki.dovecot.org/Authentication/MasterUsers

> I plan to migrate from Cyrus to Dovecot. But I need a admin user
> which is able to obtain information about the quotas of common users.

With v1.x the only good way is to log in as other users. Or possibly use
http://wiki.dovecot.org/PreAuth

With v2.0 you can do this really easily: doveadm quota get -A

Another possibility is to use dict quota with SQL backend and just do a
SELECT from table.