[Dovecot] Questions about dbox (sdbox?), mdbox

Brandon Lamb brandonlamb at gmail.com
Sat Jul 17 22:39:41 EEST 2010

On Sat, Jul 17, 2010 at 11:03 AM, Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:
> On 17.7.2010, at 4.46, Brandon Lamb wrote:
>
>>> Ok I got all migrated over to dovecot2 configuration, and started to
>>> dive into this converting business... one thing I immediately fell
>>> into is that the wiki doesnt say anything about namespace issues. I
>>> return maildir:~/maildir in my current setup via prefetch/sql, and I
>>> got errors trying to do
>>>
>>> dsync -u brandon at olypen.com mirror mdbox:~/mdbox
>
> What errors did you get?
>
>>> Do I need some special namespace configuation/setup?
>
> No..
>
>> I think I may have got it, I added the following to my 10-mail.conf
>>
>> # maildir
>> namespace {
>>    type = private
>>    separator = /
>>    prefix =
>> #   location = maildir:~/maildir
>>    inbox = yes
>>    hidden = no
>> }
>>
>> # mdbox
>> namespace {
>>    type = private
>>    separator = /
>>    prefix = "#mdbox/"
>>    location = mdbox:~/mdbox
>>    inbox = no
>>    hidden = no
>> }
>
> This shouldn't be necessary.

Without any namespaces it told me that I had to define the heirarchy
separator. Then I added the namespaces initially with both of them
specifying a location. But then when I tried to run dsync again, it
told me the namespace of the one to be mirrored should have no
location so I had to remove that. Then it worked.

I just wiped out and rebuilt my raid on my second box im working on so
once thats back and i restore my base maildir i'll run it again to get
the actual error output =P