[Dovecot] Questions about dbox (sdbox?), mdbox

Brandon Lamb brandonlamb at gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 04:50:34 EEST 2010

On Sat, Jul 17, 2010 at 1:10 PM, Brandon Lamb <brandonlamb at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 17, 2010 at 1:09 PM, Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:
>> On 17.7.2010, at 20.39, Brandon Lamb wrote:
>>
>>> Without any namespaces it told me that I had to define the heirarchy
>>> separator.
>>
>> Yes, that you need to set. But you need only one namespace.
>
> Oh! I'll try that instead soon thanks!

So I had another thought, if I have a user that has 500 megs of mail
but its mostly large attachments, with the default mailfile size at 2
megs this means a 25 meg attachment is going to have to write to and
read from 13 files every time? And if so I guess this is just a
tradeoff of the usual case of mails being <100k so fitting lots into
the 2m files?