[Dovecot] Haha wow, thats freakin cool... mdbox

Brandon Lamb brandonlamb at gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 10:22:21 EEST 2010

It didnt really click until I had a "ls -ald *" on watch while I moved
messages around folders using mdbox... I moved about 200 first to an
Archive folder, and scratched my head wondering why i didnt see any
new m.* files being created after the move. So then I moved some 5k
other messages from other folders to my archive folder...

Then it dawned on me, how damn cool, the data never changes, dovecot
just updates its index of what folder the message is in?!

That is awesome!

Also, I ended up answering my own question on the 2m
mdbox_rotate_size, if a 10 meg email comes through it will write a 10
meg file, so thats cool too.