[Dovecot] Deleting Index Files and Expire Tool

Tom Goerger tmg at umn.edu
Mon Jul 19 21:58:18 EEST 2010

We will likely do that at some point in the near future.  I've done some
testing with this issue in 1.1.17 as well, however this issue is not solved
here.  At this point, I'm less concerned with the reasons why any cache
corruption issues might be occurring and more concerned with getting these
folders back to a usable state.  Might there be any way of resetting a
folder in the manner that an "Empty Trash" option would, without actually
expunging any messages?  I know that we're running a very outdated version
of the software, but we're dealing with some political roadblocks in our
environment to actually get this upgraded, and I have to work with what we
have for the time being.  We can limit removing these indexes as much as we
can, but I'm sure there are users out there whose indexes have already been
removed, and I'm concerned about the expire tool working for them.

Thanks,

Tom

--
Tom Goerger
University of Minnesota - Internet Services