[Dovecot] Problem with hard links in lda - please help

Fabio Ferrari fabio.ferrari at unimore.it
Tue Jul 20 13:53:24 EEST 2010

> On 20.7.2010, at 11.03, Fabio Ferrari wrote:
>
>> deliver -p <FILE> -d <USER1>
>> deliver -p <FILE> -d <USER2>
>> deliver -p <FILE> -d <USERN>
>
> This is how it should be done. The file was exactly the same between all
> the calls? Did you try running this manually from command line instead of
> via MTA? Do you have maildir_copy_with_hardlinks=yes?

The answer is: yes.

I called it via command line, the 'diff' command shows no differences
between the two destination files (correctly delivered in the 'new'
directory in the two maildirs) and I have the
maildir_copy_with_hardlinks=yes line in the /usr/local/etc/dovecot.conf
file.

Has anyone tested this function or it is a non-existing feature and the
documentation about hardlinks means something else from what I mean?

Fabio Ferrari