[Dovecot] Dsync ignores INBOX when converting from mbox to maildir

Henrique Fernandes sf.rique at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 23:11:06 EEST 2010

Is it right ?

Converting ☜ <http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Tools/Dsync#example_converting>

Assuming that the *mail_location* setting in *
/etc/dovecot/conf.d/10-mail.conf* is set to: *mail_location = mdbox:~/mdbox*,
a logged in system user may convert her/his mails from its Maildir in
her/his home directory to the mdbox mailbox format. The user has to execute
the command:

 *dsync mirror maildir:~/Maildir*

The comand above does not convert mdbox to maildir ?

location1 is mdbox:~/mdbox  and location2 is maildir:~/Maildir   Right ?  or
is backwards ? It takes location2 and convert to location1 ?

The first guys  explain location1 to location2

Wich one is right ? Sorry i do not have any dovecot configured right now!

Any way, in step 5 how would the comando know wich way it should convert
cause i change the conf.

[]'sf.rique