[Dovecot] LDAP + mail_location: Get "%d" from customfield

Denny Schierz linuxmail at 4lin.net
Thu Jul 29 13:36:38 EEST 2010

hi,

my mail_location looks like:

mail_location = maildir:/imap/spool/%d/%1n/%n:INDEX=/imap/spool/%
d/indexes/%1n/%n

for example:

/imap/spool/domain.foo/a/anton/new

The problem is, that the user log in with only the username and no
domainpart. So, Dovecot looks into:

/imap/spool/a/anton/new

what isn't correct. We created an LDAP entry in which domain the user is
and searching for a way, to get it working. So, only what I want is to
use our customfield as domainpart for the mail_location. Postfix works
perfect and delivers the messages in the correct folder.

any idea?

cu denny