[Dovecot] Exim+Dovecot LDA - How can I catch the crash?

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 10:01:46 EEST 2010

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 9:28 PM, Pascal Volk <
user+dovecot at localhost.localdomain.org<user%2Bdovecot at localhost.localdomain.org>
> wrote:

> On 07/29/2010 08:05 PM Odhiambo Washington wrote:
> > On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 8:46 PM, Pascal Volk wrote:
> >> You didn't configure the the dbox_attachment_dir setting. See
> >> http://dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2010-July/050962.html again.
> >>

> > * *I have done that now, sorry.
> >
> > <snip>
> > # 2.0.rc3 (8e511be90b4b): /opt/dovecot2/etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
> > # OS: FreeBSD 8.1-STABLE i386  ufs
> > auth_debug = yes
> > auth_socket_path = /opt/dovecot2/var/run/dovecot/auth-userdb
> > auth_verbose = yes
> > base_dir = /opt/dovecot2/var/run/dovecot/
> > dbox_attachment_dir = /var/spool/virtual/%d/%n/dbox/attachments
> > </snip>
> >
> > However, I must say my aim was NOT to try out the SIS feature. I just
> wanted
> > to test out dbox (before SIS) using this version. When SIS is finally
> > matured, I will simply update and test it out. Right now I just wanted
> the
> > dbox mode whose support is complete and full.
>
> When you don't want to test SIS, don't enable it. Or use the SIS-less
> code from: http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.0

I did not enable SIS at all. Do you mean that setting mail_location =
mdbox... enables it? I did not think so. I just thought I was using the
matured dbox facility, and in my mind I was clear I wasn't doing anything
SIS related, honestly;)
Now, assume that I haven't heard of SIS, but I am a mad guy who just decided
to use the mercurial code that has SIS, can I just use mdbox or sdbox
without necessarily invoking the anger of SIS? What options do I need in
mail_location for just that?
I believe I already got what it takes on the MTA side, from the wiki.

> > Well, I still get to:
> >
> > Jul 29 20:58:22 lda(wash at titan.co.ke): Debug: Effective uid=26, gid=26,
> > home=/var/spool/virtual/titan.co.ke/wash
> > Jul 29 20:58:22 lda(wash at titan.co.ke): Debug: Quota root:
> name=storage=0 backend=maildir args=
> > Jul 29 20:58:22 lda(wash at titan.co.ke): Debug: fs:
> root=/var/spool/virtual/titan.co.ke/wash/sdbox, index=, control=, inbox=
> > Jul 29 20:58:22 lda(wash at titan.co.ke): Debug: none: root=, index=,
> control=, inbox=
> > Jul 29 20:58:22 lda(wash at titan.co.ke): Info: msgid=<
> > E1OeXN8-000HeT-P3 at mail.mediselkenya.com>: save failed to INBOX: BUG:
> Unknown > internal error
>
> Hm very interesting that 'Unknown internal error'. Please would you
> show your dovecot-lda related Exim configuration? Maybe one of the
> Exim-users is able to locate the problem.

This is the exim transport that I use. It works with the RC3 but not the
SIS-ised Dovecot.

dovecot_virtual_delivery:
  driver = pipe
  return_output
  command = /opt/dovecot2/libexec/dovecot/deliver -d $local_part@$domain -f
$sender_address
  message_prefix =
  message_suffix =
  delivery_date_add
  envelope_to_add
  return_path_add
  log_output
  user = mailnull
  temp_errors = 64 : 69 : 70: 71 : 72 : 73 : 74 : 75 : 78

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,