[Dovecot] Exim+Dovecot LDA - How can I catch the crash?

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 13:07:18 EEST 2010

On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 12:03 PM, Pascal Volk <
user+dovecot at localhost.localdomain.org<user%2Bdovecot at localhost.localdomain.org>
> wrote:

> On 07/30/2010 09:01 AM Odhiambo Washington wrote:
> > On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 9:28 PM, Pascal Volk <
> > user+dovecot at localhost.localdomain.org<user%2Bdovecot at localhost.localdomain.org>
> <user%2Bdovecot at localhost.localdomain.org<user%252Bdovecot at localhost.localdomain.org>
> >
> >> wrote:
> >> When you don't want to test SIS, don't enable it. Or use the SIS-less
> >> code from: http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.0
> >
> > I did not enable SIS at all. Do you mean that setting mail_location =
> > mdbox... enables it? I did not think so. I just thought I was using the
> > matured dbox facility, and in my mind I was clear I wasn't doing anything
> > SIS related, honestly;)
> > Now, assume that I haven't heard of SIS, but I am a mad guy who just
> decided
> > to use the mercurial code that has SIS, can I just use mdbox or sdbox
> > without necessarily invoking the anger of SIS? What options do I need in
> > mail_location for just that?
> > I believe I already got what it takes on the MTA side, from the wiki.
>
> But you are using the code from the SIS-enabled repo. SIS code affects
> also multi and single dbox code. If you don't want to test SIS related
> things, but would prefer mdbox over sdbox, so I'll repeat myself:
> Use the SIS-less code from: http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.0.
> (In your first mail you mentioned that you are using the code from the
> other repo.)

Okay. Down the ladder, back to RC3. You are more than clear on this. Thanks.

> > This is the exim transport that I use. It works with the RC3 but not
> the SIS-ised Dovecot.
> >

> > dovecot_virtual_delivery:
> >   driver = pipe
> >   return_output
> >   command = /opt/dovecot2/libexec/dovecot/deliver -d $local_part@$domain
> -f
> > $sender_address
> >   message_prefix =
> >   message_suffix =
> >   delivery_date_add
> >   envelope_to_add
> >   return_path_add
> >   log_output
> >   user = mailnull
> >   temp_errors = 64 : 69 : 70: 71 : 72 : 73 : 74 : 75 : 78
>
> See if that settings work again after switching back to SIS-less
> Dovecot 2.0 code.

These have been working quite well with RC3, with mdbox. Now I am gonna test
sdbox and see if I can glean some difference!

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,