[Dovecot] 2.0.beta4, Panic: stream doesn't support seeking backwards

Juergen Daubert jue at jue.li
Tue Jun 1 08:41:44 EEST 2010

On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 09:17:35PM +0100, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On ma, 2010-05-31 at 21:53 +0200, Juergen Daubert wrote:
> > > Finally I've some time to look at this. Can you still reliably reproduce
> > > this every time?
> >
> > Yes, even if I upload the messages into a new mbox. Done some tests
> > right now, one thing I've noticed is that the crash only happens if
> > I try to copy more than one message at once. Looks like that the first
> > message got uploaded and after that the imap process dies.
>
> Oh, should have read this mail first before replying privately :) What
> client do you do this with? Could you get a rawlog of the session that
> creates the mailbox, appends new mails and crashes?
> http://wiki.dovecot.org/Debugging/Rawlog

Can reproduce the crash with mutt and sylpheed, I don't think that it
is a client issue because it works well with 1.2.x

I'll try to summarize:

- the crash happens when I try to upload several message from my
  local mbox to my server running dovecot 2.0beta with mbox
- copying messages between mboxes on the server side works
- seems to be unrelated to clients, same behaviour with mutt and
  sylpheed
- looks like a timing problem to me, sometimes the crash happens
  after one message transfered, sometimes after two or three

Rawlog follows with private mail.

Thanks
Juergen

Juergen Daubert  |  mailto:jue at jue.li