[Dovecot] Configure unsuccessful login attempts

Greg Pearson deejay.grp at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 14:13:18 EEST 2010

> You could use fail2ban, see also: http://wiki.dovecot.org/HowTo/Fail2Ban

So I guess the result would be to the login process become unresponsive,
right? I am not sure this would be what I want. The desired behaviour
for me would be to reject the connection even if the password becomes
correct after several failures. I realise this would not help under DoS
scenarios (in which I think fail2ban is targetting). I will give it a
try, of course, but I was wondering if another approach is possible.
Generally speaking, it would be really nice if Dovecot itself had such
options.