[Dovecot] lazy-expunge acl bug?

Martin Ott martin.ott at itk-engineering.de
Wed Jun 9 09:28:44 EEST 2010

Am 07.06.2010 18:23, schrieb Timo Sirainen:
> On ma, 2010-06-07 at 11:00 +0200, Martin Ott wrote:
>
>> we've defined a public namespace "shared" and use the acl and lazy-expunge
>> plugins among others. The problem is, that a mailbox is deleted by the
>> DELETE-command without the x-flag to be set (# 1.2.9):
>
> Looks like the plugin ordering code is a complete mess and it just
> happens to work in most situations.. It's now fixed properly in v2.0,
> but for v1.2 the only solutions would be:
>
> a) Backport major plugin API redesign changes from v2.0.
>
> b) Try to add some hack that possibly fixes some situation, but possibly
> breaks another one..
>
> I'm not really happy with either of those choices. Few people have
> complained about problems related to this, so I think I'll just leave it
> as it is in v1.2.

After the dovecot-update (mercurial) the problem has disappeared - perhaps due
to http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-1.2/rev/029c3afcfbd0 - acl in the public
namespace work properly now.

As we extensively use folders in the public namespace and users permitted to
expunge messages, it would be very convenient if the lazy_expunge plugin
worked in this namespace as well. A practical behavior could be to store
expunged mailboxes and mails in a seperate, non-user specific, folder. Is it
possible to extend the lazy_expunge plugin towards this behavior?

Martin