[Dovecot] "failed to store into mailbox 'INBOX': Not enough disk space." with large mail

Fri Jun 11 16:17:40 EEST 2010

On 2010-06-10 11:23 PM, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
> I wonder how often Google does full disaster recovery off site
> backup/mirroring of all those millions of _free_ 7GB mailboxen.
> AFAIK, Google makes no guarantees WRT mailbox contents. They may have
> full multi site redundancy, but I've yet to read a whitepaper
> describing it.

Anyone who stores critical email on a free service gets no sympathy from
me if they lose anything. That said, I've only heard a few horror
stories of services losing all of someone's email (I think it was
hotmail, many years ago, some woman used it exclusively for her business
email and lost like 7 years worth of critical emails).

They're actually pretty reliable... but for me its more the privacy (or
lack thereof) issue that keeps me from using them more...

--

Best regards,

Charles