[Dovecot] Shared Mailbox Questions

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Jun 11 17:07:56 EEST 2010

On ke, 2010-06-09 at 22:19 -0700, Chris Hobbs wrote:

> I started off using a flat file for acl_shared_dict and ran into the same problem recently reported with the shared-database file getting chown'd to the first user to touch it with 0600 permissions.

Well, no one reported that they were getting this error:

Error: fchown(/var/lib/dovecot/shared-mailboxes.lock, -1, 1002) failed: Operation not permitted

That's the only reason I can think of why preserving the permissions
wouldn't work. Fixed now:
http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-1.2/rev/0b0cb71aea03

> Jun  9 22:10:23 imap2 dovecot: dict: dict sql iterate failed: file is encrypted or is not a database

I don't know about this..