[Dovecot] Thunderbird namespace handling

Thomas Hummel hummel at pasteur.fr
Fri Jun 11 17:38:26 EEST 2010

On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 03:13:11PM +0100, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> Yes. hidden=no, list=yes configuration breaks the "list doesn't cross
> namespace boundaries". That's why I said it's arguably wrong to use such
> configuration.

I do understand why we don't want to break namespaces boudaries. But I
don't understand why hidden=no, list=yes breaks it. I must have a wrong
understanding of the list=yes semantic.

I thought that hidden=no would provide no means for the client to
know about the namespace and that list=yes would allow to list mailboxes
in the namespace only if we somehow know the name of the namespace and
specify it in the list command.

You seem to imply that a client who would do list "" * would list the
mailboxes of all namespaces configured with list=yes. I thought it would
list only the default namespace mailboxes.

--
Thomas Hummel 	    | Institut Pasteur
<hummel at pasteur.fr> | Pôle informatique - systèmes et réseau