[Dovecot] Thunderbird namespace handling

Thomas Hummel hummel at pasteur.fr
Fri Jun 11 17:52:42 EEST 2010

On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 03:41:29PM +0100, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> No. The list=yes means if the parent namespace should include this
> namespace's mailboxes in its LIST reply, i.e. break namespace
> boundaries.

Not sure we're talking about the same thing.
Let's say I have :

  x namespace
  * NAMESPACE (("" "/")) (("#shared/" "/")) NIL
  x OK Namespace completed.

If the shared namespace is configured with list=yes. Can a client list
this namespace mailboxes without specifying somewhere in the list
command arguments the prefix "#shared/" ? Is yes, how and why ?

Has it something to do with the parent namespace beeing always, at a top
level the default (i.e. wihthout prefix) namespace ?

If it cannot, there's no "crossing namespace boundaries" pb. There is
only a problem for this client if it doesn't support NAMESPACE or
doesn't have the namespace prefix somewhere in its conf.

--
Thomas Hummel 	    | Institut Pasteur
<hummel at pasteur.fr> | Pôle informatique - systèmes et réseau