[Dovecot] Dovecot 1.1.x and 1.2.x differencies

Stan Hoeppner stan at hardwarefreak.com
Tue Jun 15 13:57:28 EEST 2010

Charles Marcus put forth on 6/15/2010 5:27 AM:

> No software is bug free - thankfully, Timo is like 'The Flash' when it
> comes to fixing bugs with dovecot...

Too bad the Debian Dovecot maintainer isn't 'The Flash' in getting binaries
uploaded.  For i386 anyway.  He had the AMD64 1.2.11 binary uploaded to
backports within a week IIRC.  Took something like 2 weeks IIRC before he got
the i386 binary uploaded.  If it weren't for the fact that one of the bugs
fixed was 'critical' for me (I actually contributed to discovery), I'd
probably not have cared.  Some debian-user list folks say I should simply be
grateful we have current Dovecot revs in backports period.  I say if we didn't
have stuff in backports nobody would use Debian, as all the packages would be
2 years out of date the moment the next stable is released...

--
Stan