[Dovecot] Migrating from CommunigatePro to Dovecot - anyone done this?

Gavin Lawrie gavin.lawrie at 2gc.co.uk
Wed Jun 16 16:49:09 EEST 2010

Apologies if this is in the archive - did look but couldn't find it.

Does anyone have any experience of migrating from CommunigatePro to Dovecot?

We currently run CGP 5.3.4, supporting a small system (20 or so users, one domain).  We've been using it for years, and have a mixed bag of MailDir and mbox folders accessed via IMAP clients.  Some users have large mail accounts (15GB total).  We're looking to move as CGP is evolving into a complex "Messaging Centre" application (PBX, SIP, Mail, Groupware, Portals etc.) which we don't need / use.

I had a look on the Dovecot Wiki and under migration are discussions about various other mail systems, but I don't know enough about these to tell if they would also apply to CGP.

Any thoughts / suggestions would be welcomed.

Thanks

Gavin.
*  Balanced Scorecard Training from 2GC: Next course 16th July 2010 in the UK.  More information from http://www.2gc.co.uk/balanced-scorecard-training-dates