[Dovecot] New mailbox & autocreate

Bambero bambero at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 23:04:47 EEST 2010

Hi,

First of all BIG THANKS for great piece of software.

I have a small problem with autocreate. My mails are stored in:
/var/mail
Ex.
/var/mail/test at test.pl/Maildir

Account information comes from DB. So when new account appears in DB
full path including home dir is created. But there is one small
problem:
Group always is "wheel". Autocreating ignores gid from DB and uses the
group of the parent directory - in this case /var/mail. But when I
create home dir manualy (setting right group) group of autocreated
Maildir is OK. Is it possible to configure dovecot to set group from
DB.

Regards,
Bambero