[Dovecot] Error: dict: Leaked a t_pop() call

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Sun Jun 20 00:57:05 EEST 2010

On Sat, 2010-06-19 at 14:05 -0700, Brendan McCollam wrote:

> that 1.0.7 is a pretty old release, and you don't have much control over
> what the distro maintainers choose to package.

This is the biggest problem most people face. But the freedom of the
Open Source world  to use whats we want is powerful.

> Generally speaking, I think there are advantages (not introducing
> incompatibility with other software, simple dependency resolution,
> automatic security updates, etc.) to sticking with repo versions, unless
> you have a compelling reason to do otherwise. In this case, the bugfixes
> and improvements in quota accuracy are a good reason to upgrade.

In most cases, most  people have a compelling reason, bugs (not all
fixes are back ported) and needed features, especially in the ISP/ASP
world
where not offering X more often than not means clients can not run
script Y, so that provider looses when the client votes with their
wallet.

> > Please download 1.2.12, the current stable release, however read the
> > release notes because some settings will be incompatible with 1.0.x.
> > there wont be too many differences but might be some, depending on your
> > setup.
>
> I have moved to 1.2.12 and updated my dovecot-dict-quota.conf file, and
> it seems to be working great.

That's great to here :) Glad it's all worked out.
Cheers